The Collector Chronicles

"Each piece depicts a moment in the life of a digital art collector and comes with a custom soundtrack. It is also meant as a snapshot of NFT history, at time of minting."

Of all the NFTs and projects that I have come across on Twitter and OpenSea so far, this one is my favourite.

Like most of my discoveries I found this one by browsing through OpenSea, it caught my eye because the artwork reminded me of the LoFi playlists I have open on YouTube while I'm working, so I clicked the piece and was delighted to find it had a LoFi track playing! 

I read more about the project and realised it wasn't just about art and LoFi, it had meaning, all the pieces included in each chapter are from collectors and was designed, in the words of the Artist, to capture a "snapshot of NFT history, at the time of minting". This grabbed me as a concept, as someone that's quite obsessed with time and how quickly it passes there is often no time for reflection and the journey that has allowed us to arrive at this current point in our lives.

The whole Crypto/NFT industry is incredibly fast paced so the time for reflection is pretty much non existent in this world, think about how many projects have come and gone only in the last month, too many to count, compare this to the world around us and how many people have come and gone in our lives, people we had strong connections with one day but forgotten as time moves. 

The transient nature of time and the new world of NFTs are brought together beautifully in these creations by Maku. 

As the NFT scene evolves around us we are able to look back at these moments in time and remember what projects were popular, which pieces captured the imagination as well as the eye. I also have to mention that my DotDotDots features in Chapter 6 which is a personal highlight! You are able to submit your favourite NFTs that you own in Discord and if you're lucky they will be featured, which also gets you the Featured Artwork role and guarantees you a reservation for that Chapter.

Sales of new Chapters are based around ownership, this is another thing I like about the entire project and Maku especially, it isn't a cash grab, there is a genuine attempt to reward holders and people that support the project. For example if you own the full collection you are guaranteed a reservation for the next Chapter, if you own at least 1 Chapter you are able to send a reservation form and if you're quick enough you will book your spot, these sell out quick though and it pays to spend some time checking for updates on Discord. Once you confirm your reservation you have a designated amount of time to claim your piece for the price of 0.05 ETH, this is unbelievably reasonable considering prices on OpenSea and only confirms the nature of this project. Any unclaimed pieces go to public sale, usually around 5 to 10 pieces go to public sale and they're gone in a minute or two.


Recently it was announced there would be 100 "MintPass" created, these guarantee you ownership of all future Chapters and Collabs from The Collector Chronicles and best of all they are airdropped right to you, you don't need to sit on Discord for hours checking announcements hoping you don't miss the next drop! As soon as it was announced I knew I had to get one, I prepared myself for the announcement and got my form sent off in about 30 seconds, I knew I was quick and was fully expecting to be in the top 2 quickest replies... i was TENTH! There were well over 100 forms sent back trying to claim a MintPass which shows the popularity of this project already. Needless to say I got one and it was probably my best day in NFTs so far. 

With a main featured artist for the pieces there is always a focal point, featured artists for Chapters already include @jennifer_sutto@beijingdou@jamiemusings@zeneca_33@vince_van_dough, @dingalingts. With @cozomomedici confirmed for Chapter 7 and a special Tribute piece made dedicated to @garyvee.

With the popular NFTs featured, the beautiful artwork, beats, unrivalled collaborations, and vision of MakuRanger I can only see this project becoming more and more popular and I really do think this will be one of the must have NFTs within the next year. My only regret is that I didn't find it when Chapter 1 dropped.


The Collector Chronicles Socials:

Wesbite - https://thecollectorchronicles.io/

Discord - https://discord.gg/HcUuqaHM33

Twitter - @MakuRanger


Comments

Post a Comment