DotDotDots

 This project is one big mystery, from a stealth drop, a twitter account, an anonymous artist, and a minting process linked to the price of ETH it's certainly the most unique project I've come across so far.

I first read about this project when I saw someone on Twitter saying Banksy had created an anonymous project and they had sold out after a stealth launch. On reflection I don't know how some random guy on Twitter had knowledge Banksy was the artist behind this anonymous project but at the time I didn't think about that, I saw Banksy and decided I'll be retiring by the end of the week.

Floor prices around this time were about 0.5, that was more than I had in my wallet so I joined the discord and did my research about the whole thing before deciding whether to buy in. What I learned consumed me, honestly, it consumed me, and anyone that is involved in the project would have experienced exactly the same thing at some point.

Here's where it started for me, after joining Dots Discord I was already way behind, what DotDotDots offers is one big puzzle, information is dropped via a twitter account @functionofdots, the information comes in the form of banner changes, likes, tweets, and directions to other sites to name a few. When the clues drop the discord blows up and people are throwing theories around like confetti, people are sent chasing wild thought processes that may or may not be relevant. The first week I joined Dots I spent HOURS, many many hours researching runes, tuberculosis, George Orwell, random artists from around the world, wETH, Ethel, as well as many other things. To people outside the project this looks like a strange list, to people within the community you will know exactly what I'm talking about and have probably been in the same position!

If nothing else I learned quite a lot about random subjects, for instance the treatment for tuberculosis called DOT and what it means was really interesting, as well as George Orwell using a different name and it apparently being named after the river Orwell. 

As with many projects there is always a dump after the initial hype as the flippers check out and move on to the next project. The floor dropped to around 0.3 at one stage down from nearly 1 ETH. The hype seems to have subsided slightly but those within the community are still working hard to solve the clues and ultimately decipher what the "function of dots" is and who the artist is behind it.

Eventually I decided that, although I was involved in the discord, I wasn't truly involved until I bought one, so I sold off some random shitcoins and raised about 0.9 ETH, I went hunting - 


OpenSea Link - Dot 1310

I chose this one because I like it's "clean" looking appearance, which leads me on to another highlight of the community.... Norrin Rad.

A guy popped up in Discord called Norrin Rad and he claimed that there was a clean/unclean element to Dots, no one knows where he came from, whether he was talking facts or talking crap but he claimed some inside knowledge. People would post their Dots and he would proclaim CLEAN or UNCLEAN to the waiting crowd! Was there a benefit to having clean or unclean? Did this cleanliness even exist? No one knew but everyone still played along, eventually people became sceptical of him and he was largely shunned. The clean aspect was never really settled and just adds to the mystery.

Clues have no timeline and can pop up at any time, interesting references so far have been made to OpenSea bugs,  the infamous Sevens drop, and 1000 ETH floor prices.

There is a whole lot more to DotDotDots and I will write again in more specific details in another post as I don't want to make this too long but if you want an interesting project with an engaged community and potentially some profit then get involved in this. The minting process is tied to the price of Ether, as the price rises more become mintable so they are only available on OpenSea for now.


DotDotDots Socials:

Wesbite - N/A

Discord - https://discord.gg/tGmAmu7ABk

Twitter - @functionofdots


Comments

  1. Speaking of puzzles, check out Ciphersquares. I own dots and squares. Check it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment