Lil' Boomies

"Lil' Boomies is the first hip-hop inspired NFT to merge assets with audio. Being a hodler is simply having an access key to the platform we're building for music lovers around the world."

This was one of the first collectible projects that I got into, the roadmap looked good, the team looked good, the art work was decent and each NFT came with a track that you could use how you liked, created by producer/songwriter Young L.O.R.D who has worked with artists such as Nicki Minaj and Cassidy. It was something a bit different from all the other collectibles I had seen and I was impressed.

I can't remember how I found out about it but I jumped in the discord, introduced myself and waited online for the launch date, I was expecting something similar to ZED Run, I couldn't see how anyone would pass on these, in my mind they were great!

So I got in early, got ready to buy and set my limit at 2, I'm still new to this and I'm not a rich guy so I don't want to shoot my load all on the first project. I managed to get a couple, I paid about $340 for 2 of them and I was convinced it was a good investment, I left it til the next day and checked back on how many had been minted. Out of 10,000 available I think only about 500 had been minted, surely something was wrong? 

In an age of pump and dumps and fake hype the team behind Lil' Boomies took an early stance of not paying influencers for empty shilling, this was something I completely agreed with as I'd seen enough of that and it rarely works.

Over the course of the next few days, even a few weeks, the minting numbers barely moved, at last check they were around #880, I started watching closely as I looked to snipe number 888, unfortunately this chance never came.

After much discussion the team decided to halt minting for now to concentrate on marketing, a smart move. Although they didn't want to take the route of throwing money at influencers it was clear that the marketing had been lacking and it wasn't gaining the traction it deserved and in a fast moving industry like NFTs if you don't adapt you get left behind, thankfully they had recognised this and moved quickly.

I also won my first and only giveaway so far in the community, even the giveaway was good (obviously because I won) they recorded the process and showed the bot that randomly selected the winner, no secret selections or handing the prizes to their friends. This was the one I won, click the link below to hear the track: 


Lil' Boomie #265

OpenSea Link

The team behind Lil' Boomies are incredibly involved, there are never any vague answers or days waiting for updates, they are on discord constantly updating and telling everyone what's going on behind the scenes, the team is probably one of the best I've seen on any project so far. 

I honestly don't know why these aren't more popular, the whole project is a lot better than some of the high priced collections I've seen being sold. Fortunately there seems a lot to be positive about, a big collab coming up, better marketing, and even a full track has recently been released, I would suggest getting at least one of these off OpenSea while the prices are low. If you would rather mint one yourself you'll have to wait til they relaunch, the good thing is minting will be reduced to 0.02 or 0.03 to allow more people access to the Lil' Boomies project.

Listen to their track HERE


Lil' Boomies Socials:

Wesbite - https://lilboomies.io/

Discord - https://discord.com/channels/874552960502341632/874552960984711203

Twitter - @lilboomies


Comments